In line with best practice and governmental guidance, these are the main changes which are going to be taking place to the booking process and clinic for the foreseeable future:
- To enable me to treat you face to face, all patients need to complete and submit a Screening & Consent form (provided in your appointment confirmation email). Having done so and in the period leading up to your appointment, you are obliged to inform me as soon as possible if you develop any COVID symptoms, come into contact with anyone with COVID symptoms or you or anyone in your household has returned from abroad in the last 14 days. DO NOT ATTEND THE CLINIC if any of these situations apply to you.
- Please be punctual - attending within 5 minutes of the start of your appointment (waiting in your car or on the 1st floor landing if you're early).
- You will be required to use the hand sanitiser as you arrive and have your temperature checked (using a contactless digital thermometer). You will then be given a mask to wear during the appointment. Hand sanitiser gel will also be available in the clinic room.
- The clinic room door will be open when you arrive so please come straight through without taking a seat in reception and keep social distance from others where possible.
- Please attend the appointment alone where possible and bring as few possessions as possible.
- Please only use the toilets if absolutely necessary as a stringent cleaning protocol cannot practically be applied.
- I will be wearing PPE (apron, mask, gloves and safety glasses (as appropriate)) when I come out to greet you but will still be the same smiling Fiona underneath!
- I will be keeping to time so that I can ventilate and clean all the touch points (including door handles, chair arms, the card machine etc) thoroughly between patients for your and my safety.
- Contactless payment - please pre-pay for the appointment where possible (now available via my online appointment booking system) or you can pay using the sanitised contactless card machine when you come in (no cash payments please).
- If you experience COVID symptoms within 2 days of your appointment, kindly inform us and we will do likewise if necessary.
The Essential Osteopathy Risk assessment & mitigation guide for COVID 19 document
I have followed government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 and have implemented safer working practices as follows:
Carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment
Heightened cleaning and hygiene procedures, including introducing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and set up training as appropriate
Increased social distancing to 2 metres and virtual consultations where possible
All the above is outlined in the following document - the Essential Osteopathy Infection Risk Assessment and Mitigation Guide for COVID-19. Please read it before your appointment as you will be asked if you accept and understand it.
Do contact me if you have any questions or concerns (keeping in mind that I have no mobile reception where I am based at the moment so please email).